Wednesday, 30 September 2015
I am pleased to announce that version 2.2 of
just::thread, our C++11 and C++14 Thread Library
has just been released with full support for the latest draft of the Concurrency
TS, and support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.
New facilities from the Concurrency TS:
- A lock-free implementation of
atomic_weak_ptr— see my earlier blog post on
- Latches — signal waiting threads once a specified number of count-down events have occurred.
- Barriers — block a group of threads until they are all ready to proceed.
future::then()— schedule a task to run when a future becomes ready.
when_any()— create a future that is ready when any of a set of futures is ready.
when_all()— create a future that is ready when all of a set of futures are ready.
Just::Thread is now supported for the following compilers:
- Microsoft Windows XP and later:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015
- TDM gcc 4.5.2, 4.6.1 and 4.8.1
- Debian and Ubuntu linux (Ubuntu Jaunty and later)
- g++ 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8 and 4.9
- Fedora linux
- Fedora 13: g++ 4.4
- Fedora 14: g++ 4.5
- Fedora 15: g++ 4.6
- Fedora 16: g++ 4.6
- Fedora 17: g++ 4.7.2 or later
- Fedora 18: g++ 4.7.2 or later
- Fedora 19: g++ 4.8
- Fedora 20: g++ 4.8
- Fedora 21: g++ 4.9
- Intel x86 MacOSX Snow Leopard or later
- MacPorts g++ 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8
Get your copy of Just::Thread
Purchase your copy and get started with the C++11 and C++14 thread library now.