Thursday, 16 March 2017
I am pleased to announce that Just::Thread Pro v2.4.2 has been released with support for clang on linux.
Just::Thread Pro is our C++ concurrency extensions library which provides an Actor framework for easier concurrency, along with concurrent data structures: a thread-safe queue, and concurrent hash map, and a wrapper for ensuring synchronized access to single objects.
It also includes the new facilities from the Concurrency TS:
Clang support is finally here!
V2.4.2 adds the much-anticipated support for clang. clang 3.8 and 3.9 are supported on ubuntu 16.04 or later, clang 3.8 is supported on Fedora 24, and clang 3.9 on Fedora 25.
Just::Thread Pro is now fully supported on the following compiler/OS combinations (32-bit and 64-bit):
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 for Windows
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 for Windows
- gcc 5 for Ubuntu 14.04 or later
- gcc 6 for Ubuntu 14.04 or later
- clang 3.8 for Ubuntu 16.04 or later
- clang 3.9 for Ubuntu 16.04 or later
- gcc 5 for Fedora 22 and 23
- gcc 6 for Fedora 24 and 25
- clang 3.8 for Fedora 24
- clang 3.9 for Fedora 25
Just::Thread Pro v2.2 is also supported with the Just::Thread compatibility library on the following compiler/OS combinations:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 for Windows
- TDM gcc 4.5.2, 4.6.1 and 4.8.1 for Windows
- g++ 4.3 or later for Ubuntu 9.04 or later
- g++ 4.4 or later for Fedora 13 or later
- g++ 4.4 for Centos 6
- MacPorts g++ 4.3 to 4.8 on MacOSX Snow Leopard or later
All licences include a free upgrade to point releases, so if you purchase now you'll get a free upgrade to all 2.x releases of Just::Thread Pro. Purchasers of the older Just::Thread library (now called the compatibility library) may upgrade to Just::Thread Pro for a small fee.